- Minor League baseball players will now be subject to blood-tests for HGH. The players union has resisted blood tests for years. But without major league service time, these players are not in the union so they’ll have no choice. This is a groundbreaking move for American professional sports, no other league currently tests for HGH.
- Jair Jurrjens told David O’Brien that his shoulder feels better. Also in the report was the revelation that Jordan Schafer’s tats now stretch from shoulder to elbow. Oh, and his hand is still progressing slowly.
- Who remembers JR House? The former Pirates farmhand and high school football hero signed a minor league contract with the Braves. Coming out of Nitro, WV high in 1998, House chose the minor leagues over a football scholarship to West Virginia, only to return to Morgantown for a year in 2004. He’s been a journeyman catcher ever since. 10 years ago, he shared the South Atlantic league MVP with Josh Hamilton.
- Georgia Tech is losing a really good option-QB to Georgia Southern. Jaybo Shaw was a ran the triple-option to perfection in limited time, but got tired of waiting behind Josh Nesbitt. Former Tech asssitant coach Jeff Monken has installed the same offense in Statesboro.
Frequently tagged:AJC Alabama Crimson Tide Al Horford Arthur Blank Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Thrashers Auburn Tigers basketball Bobby Cox Braves Brooks Conrad Chipper Jones Cole Hamels College football David O'Brien Derek Lowe Derrek Lee draft Dunta Robinson falcons Florida Gators football Hawks Houston Texans injury Jair Jurrjens Jamal Crawford Jason Heyward Jeff Schultz Jeff Teague Joe Johnson Josh Smith LSU LSU Tigers Major League Baseball Marvin Williams media Mike Bibby Mike Smith Mike Woodson MLB NBA NCAA New Orleans Saints New York Knicks New York Mets NFL nfl draft NHL October offseason Ole Miss Rebels Philadelphia Phillies Phillies playoffs postseason recruiting Rick Ankiel roster San Francisco Giants Sean Weatherspoon SEC Spring Training standings talkincollege television Thomas Dimitroff Tim Hudson Tomahawktober Tommy Hanson trade Troy Glaus Zaza Pachulia
- Oh I see we are pretending that Louisville is good, carry on 8 hours ago
- Did not realize the standards for quarterback play had fallen that far. 8 hours ago
- Didn't watch the game. But are we supposed to be impressed by 25-48 and 3 INT's? Oh. 8 hours ago
- just when you thought Slate couldn't get any dumber, Slate does sports slate.com/articles/sport… 15 hours ago
- @matt_T I'm bumping Nappy Roots at the office now thanks for planting the #seed 20 hours ago