- Minor League baseball players will now be subject to blood-tests for HGH. The players union has resisted blood tests for years. But without major league service time, these players are not in the union so they’ll have no choice. This is a groundbreaking move for American professional sports, no other league currently tests for HGH.
- Jair Jurrjens told David O’Brien that his shoulder feels better. Also in the report was the revelation that Jordan Schafer’s tats now stretch from shoulder to elbow. Oh, and his hand is still progressing slowly.
- Who remembers JR House? The former Pirates farmhand and high school football hero signed a minor league contract with the Braves. Coming out of Nitro, WV high in 1998, House chose the minor leagues over a football scholarship to West Virginia, only to return to Morgantown for a year in 2004. He’s been a journeyman catcher ever since. 10 years ago, he shared the South Atlantic league MVP with Josh Hamilton.
- Georgia Tech is losing a really good option-QB to Georgia Southern. Jaybo Shaw was a ran the triple-option to perfection in limited time, but got tired of waiting behind Josh Nesbitt. Former Tech asssitant coach Jeff Monken has installed the same offense in Statesboro.
Frequently tagged:AJC Alabama Crimson Tide Al Horford Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Thrashers basketball Bobby Cox Braves Chipper Jones College football David O'Brien Derek Lowe falcons football Hawks injury Jair Jurrjens Jamal Crawford Jason Heyward Joe Johnson Josh Smith LSU LSU Tigers Major League Baseball media Mike Bibby Mike Woodson MLB NBA NFL nfl draft October offseason Phillies playoffs recruiting SEC talkincollege Thomas Dimitroff Tim Hudson Tommy Hanson trade Zaza Pachulia
- sliding into first base should be an automatic out on grounds of stupidity 1 day ago
- RT @JacobHester22: Evan Gattis did it again! Wow... #Stud #Braves 1 day ago
- Jason Heyward = 80 grade at scoring from 1st on a double 1 day ago
- Kinda cool that I'll have an MLS squad to support in a few years? Still hope Atlanta gets an expansion club eventually. 1 day ago
- RT @MCFC: NEW YORK CITY FC: #MCFC and @Yankees announce 20th @MLS team - @NYCFC. Full story: manc.it/1a0T5J5 #NYCFC 1 day ago