- Grapefruit League baseball starts tomorrow. David O’Brien has provided a full day-by-day list of all pitchers scheduled to appear this week. Tommy Hanson will take the mound in tomorrow’s opener vs. the Mets, which will be broadcast on MLB Network. It is one of 12 Braves games to be televised this spring, including March 23, 24 and 26 dates on EPSN.
- Jair Jurrjens had an “excellent” throwing session Monday morning, as Mark Bowman reports. He only threw around 15 pitches, but did so pain free. Encouraging news to say the least. Jurrjens will throw another bullpen session Wednesday.
- Here is D. Orlando Ledbetter’s 5 things we learned at the NFL combine. In it, he explains why Julius Peppers is too expensive and doesn’t fit in the Falcons plan of being fiscally responsible. He also provides a strong indication from Thomas Dimitroff that the team will not draft a defensive end in round 1. Dimitroff said he believes getting Peria Jerry back next season will help the pass rush from the interior and he feels Kroy Biermann can get the job done opposite of John Abraham.
- Earlier in the week, Sean Weatherspoon told Ledbetter that he’d like to play for the Falcons. I’ve been on the Weatherspoon bandwagon since the Senior Bowl. If the team really is satisfied with its defensive ends, the likelihood is that the 19th pick will be spent on a cornerback. But if there are no capable DBs available, and Weatherspoon is still there, I think he’d be a great fit.
- Mark Bradley has decided that the Falcons shouldn’t spend their first round pick on CJ Spiller. Glad he’s on board. I thought that it was a common sentiment among Falcons fans that with no 2nd round pick, the team couldn’t to take a luxury item like Spiller in round 1. But when Bradley entertained the idea last week, fifty-five percent of respondents said the Falcs would be “nuts” to pass on the speedster from Clemson.
Frequently tagged:AJC Alabama Crimson Tide Al Horford Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Thrashers basketball Bobby Cox Braves Chipper Jones College football David O'Brien Derek Lowe falcons football Hawks injury Jair Jurrjens Jamal Crawford Jason Heyward Joe Johnson Josh Smith LSU LSU Tigers Major League Baseball media Mike Bibby Mike Woodson MLB NBA NFL nfl draft October offseason Phillies playoffs recruiting SEC talkincollege Thomas Dimitroff Tim Hudson Tommy Hanson trade Zaza Pachulia
- sliding into first base should be an automatic out on grounds of stupidity 17 hours ago
- RT @JacobHester22: Evan Gattis did it again! Wow... #Stud #Braves 18 hours ago
- Jason Heyward = 80 grade at scoring from 1st on a double 22 hours ago
- Kinda cool that I'll have an MLS squad to support in a few years? Still hope Atlanta gets an expansion club eventually. 1 day ago
- RT @MCFC: NEW YORK CITY FC: #MCFC and @Yankees announce 20th @MLS team - @NYCFC. Full story: manc.it/1a0T5J5 #NYCFC 1 day ago