- The biggest news of the day, Julius Peppers is “finalizing” a 6-year deal with the Bears, as John Clayton reports.
- D.Orlando Ledbetter reports that Dunta Robinson is meeting with the Falcons today.
- Also reported by DOL, backup QB Chris Redman re-signed with the team.
- Yesterday, the Falcons re-signed CB Brian Williams. Williams started 5 games last season before a knee-injury in week 6 sidelined him for the season.
- Once seen as a possible plan-B to Julius Peppers, Kyle Vanden Bosch is off the market. He signed a 4-year, $26 million deal with the Detroit Lions. The Lions also added veteran-WR Nate Burleson.
- The Panthers have released Jake Delhomme.
- The Eagles have made Leonard Weaver the highest-paid fullback in NFL history. At 3-years, $11 million, it passes the 6-year, $18 million deal the Falcons gave Ovie Mughelli in 2007.
- Former Falcons safety Bryan Scott re-signed with the Bills.
Frequently tagged:AJC Alabama Crimson Tide Al Horford Arthur Blank Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Thrashers Auburn Tigers basketball Bobby Cox Braves Brooks Conrad Chipper Jones Cole Hamels College football David O'Brien Derek Lowe Derrek Lee draft Dunta Robinson falcons Florida Gators football Hawks Houston Texans injury Jair Jurrjens Jamal Crawford Jason Heyward Jeff Schultz Jeff Teague Joe Johnson Josh Smith LSU LSU Tigers Major League Baseball Marvin Williams media Mike Bibby Mike Smith Mike Woodson MLB NBA NCAA New Orleans Saints New York Knicks New York Mets NFL nfl draft NHL October offseason Ole Miss Rebels Philadelphia Phillies Phillies playoffs postseason recruiting Rick Ankiel roster San Francisco Giants Sean Weatherspoon SEC Spring Training standings talkincollege television Thomas Dimitroff Tim Hudson Tomahawktober Tommy Hanson trade Troy Glaus Zaza Pachulia
- I wonder if the live tweeting of decades old re-runs will be as obnoxious when the Entourage network launches in 2024 9 hours ago
- @OverAndBackNBA Mookie Blaylock 15 hours ago
- The same Rob Neyer who wrote multiple fantastic books about baseball now can barely string together three paragraphs. #content in 2014 16 hours ago
- "I used to like this. Now I like it less. Anyway that's it. Thanks for clicking." - Rob Neyer blog post template 16 hours ago
- I wonder how much Rob Neyer gets paid to write 300 words and pass it off as #content foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit… 16 hours ago