- Minor League baseball players will now be subject to blood-tests for HGH. The players union has resisted blood tests for years. But without major league service time, these players are not in the union so they’ll have no choice. This is a groundbreaking move for American professional sports, no other league currently tests for HGH.
- Jair Jurrjens told David O’Brien that his shoulder feels better. Also in the report was the revelation that Jordan Schafer’s tats now stretch from shoulder to elbow. Oh, and his hand is still progressing slowly.
- Who remembers JR House? The former Pirates farmhand and high school football hero signed a minor league contract with the Braves. Coming out of Nitro, WV high in 1998, House chose the minor leagues over a football scholarship to West Virginia, only to return to Morgantown for a year in 2004. He’s been a journeyman catcher ever since. 10 years ago, he shared the South Atlantic league MVP with Josh Hamilton.
- Georgia Tech is losing a really good option-QB to Georgia Southern. Jaybo Shaw was a ran the triple-option to perfection in limited time, but got tired of waiting behind Josh Nesbitt. Former Tech asssitant coach Jeff Monken has installed the same offense in Statesboro.
Frequently tagged:AJC Alabama Crimson Tide Al Horford Arthur Blank Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Thrashers Auburn Tigers basketball Bobby Cox Braves Brooks Conrad Chipper Jones Cole Hamels College football David O'Brien Derek Lowe Derrek Lee draft Dunta Robinson falcons Florida Gators football Hawks Houston Texans injury Jair Jurrjens Jamal Crawford Jason Heyward Jeff Schultz Jeff Teague Joe Johnson Josh Smith LSU LSU Tigers Major League Baseball Marvin Williams media Mike Bibby Mike Smith Mike Woodson MLB NBA NCAA New Orleans Saints New York Knicks New York Mets NFL nfl draft NHL October offseason Ole Miss Rebels Philadelphia Phillies Phillies playoffs postseason recruiting Rick Ankiel roster San Francisco Giants Sean Weatherspoon SEC Spring Training standings talkincollege television Thomas Dimitroff Tim Hudson Tomahawktober Tommy Hanson trade Troy Glaus Zaza Pachulia
- I forgot how lovably absurd this video is. youtu.be/gUPrnu3BEU8?t=… 7 hours ago
- Never should have drafted Shembo in the first place, smh. 9 hours ago
- @ChrisHaganTV :( guess I can slow my hurried pace from the train station then 10 hours ago
- @WoyRMU15 every april/may we get dozens of "what's wrong with Heyward?" pieces like "he's a slow starter" is such a mysterious concept 10 hours ago
- That said, I’m happy to see that ZL da gawd has added to the pile grantland.com/the-triangle/t… 11 hours ago